Comfort Food With Just Enough Spice to Wake Your Taste Budsby Kelly R. Smith
Ads we feature have been independently selected and reviewed. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission, which helps support the site.
I had plenty of time to get hungry yesterday afternoon while I was on a long hike with one of my dogs. I felt creative so I came up with this simple egg and spinach pie recipe. I enjoyed it and I bet you will too. As usual, use organic ingredients when possible.
Ingredient List for the Crust
- 3/4 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- Whole wheat or white flour as needed
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 3 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
Ingredient List for the Filling Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros
- 4 Cups fresh spinach, chopped (I suppose you could use the frozen stuff if you prefer)
- 3 Cups cheddar cheese, diced or shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flaxseed meal, rice flour, and baking powder.
- Add in the water and mix well.
- Start adding in the whole wheat or white flour a bit at a time, mixing until you have a nice, stiff ball of dough.
- Turn it out onto the surface of your choice (I used a casserole dish.
- Roll out your dough so that it fits in the dish on the bottom and up the inside walls.
- Combine the filling mix ingredients and pour them into the dough.
- Bake. Mine took 50 minutes for this first time experiment recipe. When the egg mixture doesn’t jiggle, you’ve got it right.
- In the last 10 minutes, distribute the cheese on top so it will melt.
- Remove it from the oven, give it a couple minutes, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this egg and spinach dish. Like most of my recipes, this one was developed with substitutions in mind. I had cheddar cheese on hand and it worked out well, but I’ll most likely get a bit more creative next time. Leave a comment if you made a delicious change!
- Scrambled Eggs With Miso, Onions, and Spinach Recipe
- How to Troubleshoot and Repair an Electric Range/Oven
- Ham and Onion Quiche Recipe
- Delicious Foods To Eat For Weight Loss
- Intermittent Fasting Mistakes
- Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
Looking for more great content? Visit our main page or partner sites:
I offer article and blog-writing services. Interested? Hire Me!
Did you find this article helpful? Millions of readers rely on information on this blog and our main site to stay informed and find meaningful solutions. Please chip in as little as $3 to keep this site free for all.