Low Carb diets are very popular these days. The main problem is that they can be quite restrictive. People love their pasta; it seems like we are hard-wired for carbohydrates. Pasta is very high in carbohydrates so even one “cheat meal” can set a weight loss program way back. Oh, the guilt! But thanks to this low carb egg noodles pasta recipe, all is not lost.
Note that this recipe is not gluten-free but it boasts 0 carbs per serving (unless you add something else. And with just three basic ingredients it is not a very difficult dish to prepare.
Egg Noodles Pasta Ingredient List (2 smallish servings)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon wheat gluten; this is optional but it creates a better texture
- A dozen or so fresh basil leaves or spice/herb of your choice (basil adds only about 1 carb but 6% RDA of vitamin A)
- Broth of your choice
Gluten is not the villain it is made out to be. In reality it is a protein and it is the “glue” that holds bread together, especially homemade bread. But if you are sensitive to it just leave it out of the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, and gluten to a blender jar.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture out onto a silicone mat that has been placed on top of a heavy baking pan.
- Smooth mixture out into a rectangle shape while keeping the mixture very thin.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until set; about 15 minutes but your time may vary.
- Remove from oven and let it set and cool for a few minutes prior to cutting into strips.
- Next, gently simmer in the broth for about 6 minutes minutes. The broth can be retained for soup or another use. Waste not, want not.
Enjoy your low carb egg noodles with the topping of your choice. I enjoy it with Panamanian style ceviche once in a while but each to his own I always say. In the photo above the noodles are slathered with Pace Picante Sauce (hot).
I suppose that makes it like a breakfast burrito minus the tortilla.
Looking for more great content? Visit our partner sites:
I offer article and blog-writing services. Interested? Hire Me!
Did you find this article helpful? Thanks for supporting this free site with a small donation!