by Kelly R. Smith
Yes, I am back in the experimental recipe zone again. So comfortable with my culinary thinking hat on; I have an affinity for Frank Zappa’s Muffin Man. This recipe combines good veggies and spices with Italian sausage but with aorta-healthier turkey rather than pork. I don’t need to further push my high blood pressure. This recipe serves 6 and is ready in about an hour.
- 3 tpsp. olive oil
- 1 tpsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 bell peppers, sliced and diced (why not use all the colors)
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- Himalayan or pink salt to taste (it’s chock full of minerals and nutrients, unlike the regular stuff)
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 Italian sausages sliced thin (hot or sweet, your choice)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced up
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine and mix the vinegar, red pepper, oil, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the onion and bell peppers.
- Put the mixture into a 9″ X 13″ Pyrex dish.
- Distribute the sausage on top.
- Bake until the sausage is done, about 45 minutes.
- Take it out and distribute the basil on top.
- No-Fry Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- Low-Carb Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- Tater Tots Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- Panamanian-Style Ceviche Recipe
- Covid-19 Lock-down Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
This turkey Italian sausage and peppers recipe is very filling which is good if you have been working out or are on an intermittent fasting routine. It also keeps well in the refrigerator and even makes a tasty sandwich.
Looking for more great content? Visit our partner sites:
I offer article and blog-writing services. Interested? Hire Me!
Did you find this article helpful? Thanks for supporting this free site with a small donation!
Visit Kelly’s profile on Pinterest.
About the Author:
Kelly R. Smith is an Air Force veteran and was a commercial carpenter for 20 years before returning to night school at the University of Houston where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. After working at NASA for a few years, he went on to develop software for the transportation, financial, and energy-trading industries. He has been writing, in one capacity or another, since he could hold a pencil. As a freelance writer now, he specializes in producing articles and blog content for a variety of clients. His personal blog is at I Can Fix Up My Home Blog where he muses on many different topics.
One Reply to “Turkey Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe”
Throw in some jalepenos.