High-Quality, Small-Batch Coffee Beans From Veteransby Kelly R. Smith
This article was updated on 03/26/21.
Ads we feature have been independently selected and reviewed. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission, which helps support the site. Thank you for your support.
We have all gone through a lot after the COVID-19 lockdown. Not a lot of us are hitting up Starbucks on the way to the daily grind. Hey, we’re working at home in our PJ’s. But we still need out caffeine fix. Starbucks for me? No. I have Black Rifle Coffee Beans delivered twice a month.
Once a month used to do me right but since the Corona virus lockdown, my wife is working from home and coffee consumption has doubled. So… I went from once a month delivery to two. Is it expensive? Hmm. Not cheap but when you commit to being in the delivery “club” shipping is free. All that’s left is brewing the perfect cup of coffee.
How Good is Black Rifle Coffee?
I would say, “exceptional” but you want more details, yes? OK, they start with the best beans. Then, they don’t roast until they are getting your stuff together. That stuff on the shelf at the grocery store? How long was it sitting? How long before it was roasted and ground? Belay that; this discerning coffee-fiend only uses whole beans. I am not adverse to adding some mint from my garden.
Now that you have the beans you have to use your coffee bean grinder. Most people buy already-ground coffee but I do not for two reasons:
- As soon as coffee beans are roasted they start releasing carbon dioxide and begin to slowly decay. The chemicals begin to transform and the cell structure of the bean starts to fall apart, and the best flavors of the beans start to become bitter and dull, rather like life during the pandemic. Grinding the beans accelerates the process.
- There are ground-up bugs in that can of pre-ground coffee you bought the other day. The FDA only gets concerned if more than 10 percent or more of green coffee beans are affected. Regarding “Insect filth and insects” the FDA Handbook says, “Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged.” When I pour those whole beans into the grinder I can verify non-buginess.
Types of Coffee
They offer whole-bean, ground, instant, rounds (pods), canned, and bags (Just Black Cold Brew Packs). Something for everybody. There is more evidence accumulating all the time of the coffee’s health benefits. So pick your favorites and enjoy. The coffee brews are:
- Light roast: Silencer Smooth, Gunship
- Medium roast: Just Black Cold Brew Packs, Liberty Roast, Caf Coffee Roast, BRCC Instant, Thin Blue Line, AK-47 Espresso Blend, Five Alarm, Just Black
- Dark Roast: Freedom Fuel, Blackbeard’s Delight, Beyond Black
- Extra dark: Murdered Out (this is the one I brew up for myself and She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed every morning and afternoon). It’s a good habit.
You might notice a theme in both the name of the company and the names of the products. That’s because this is a veteran-owned and operated company. I have to give Black Rifle Coffee high marks — 10 out of 10. Their brew is as good as I’ve ever swilled and their delivery is always on time. The beans are always roasted in small batches unlike the big industrial operations. The video below explains how they are handling the CoronaVirus situation.
- Brewing the Perfect Cup of Coffee
- Zulay Cold Brew Coffee Maker – Product Review
- Benefits, Side Effects of L-Arginine
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Synbiotics; What Does It All Mean?
Looking for more great content? Visit our partner sites:
I offer article and blog-writing services. Interested? Hire Me!
Did you find this article helpful? Thanks for supporting this free site with a small donation!
Visit Kelly’s profile on Pinterest.
About the Author:
Kelly R. Smith is an Air Force veteran and was a commercial carpenter for 20 years before returning to night school at the University of Houston where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. After working at NASA for a few years, he went on to develop software for the transportation, financial, and energy-trading industries. He has been writing, in one capacity or another, since he could hold a pencil. As a freelance writer now, he specializes in producing articles and blog content for a variety of clients. His personal blog is at I Can Fix Up My Home Blog where he muses on many different topics.
4 Replies to “Black Rifle Coffee: A Product Review”
I just ordered some rounds for my husband. Can’t wait!
Drinking some cold brew here even as we speak.
Great coffee, good customer service.
This coffee is served in the White house. Bet that’ll change if Biden gets in.